3

Hap Ha Birt Da

Halfy Birthday to me!




Six months ago, I turned 21 and in six months I will be 22. (Yes, I know, my math skills are impeccable) Half birthdays are always interesting because they're like half the birthday with 0% of the fun. Really, it's more for me to have something to tell people about all day. Also good for having a reason to post on the blog in mid-November.

Here are some of the things I've done with the 6 months I've had of being 21:

- Become an uncle! (See earlier posts)
- Finished my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Started back to college
- Bought a ukulele
- Got my appendix removed
- Grew a beard
- Read the whole New Testament
- Got a smartphone
- Saw Death Cab for Cutie
- Wrote a new song
- Rode a train
- Threw a snowball
- Been at the beach for approx. a tenth of the time
- Opened a bank account
- Subscribed to Inc. and Spin magazines
- Grew out my hair
- Joined another band
- Bummed around Charlotte for a few days
- Got all A's in college (so far...)
- Bought three new pairs of shoes
- Made new friends
- Threw up
- Played in a chess tournament
- Completed my first online class
- Grew a handlebar mustache

I'm sure there are some things I missed, but you get the point. I actually didn't realize how many things I'd done in the past sixth months. Making this list was kind of cool. I'd highly encourage you to do the same if you ever feel like life is boring. It's not as lame as you'd think.


- Mike


Zebra - Beach House

3 comments:

Manda said...

Biggest accomplishment up there: handlebar mustache.

Those are super impressive.

Amy said...

Wow, that's a lot of big boy accomplishments! You're growing up; I'm so proud. :P Congrats on your accomplishments! Except throwing up... that's not a very congrats-worthy accomplishment. Haha.

Melissa, The 25th Hour said...

What a great idea!
You really can accomplish a lot in six months. Look at you go :)

People Who Are Obviously Bored

THANKS!